March 16, 2017

Spring Mantel


Spring Mantel


fairmeadowplace.blogspot.com


There are only a few days left until the beginning of Spring.  It is time to start switching over to Spring decor.

These are the elements used.
I started with an old window frame turned on its side.  It is too tall otherwise.  You don't really see it in the photos, but, I like that it is four panes over one.  This frame has been used in many vignettes over the years and still has its original hardware.

Next, the mirror was added and it is oriented vertically.



fairmeadowplace.blogspot.com

The crockery bottle with Spring flowers.



fairmeadowplace.blogspot.com


I can never get enough of bird's nests at this time of the year.  There are three nests each different and each under their own glass cloche.



fairmeadowplace.blogspot.com

The cloches are sitting on top of stacked white plates.



fairmeadowplace.blogspot.com

This nest was once a robin's nest that was falling apart.  I repaired it and added some grass and branches.  One of my Moss Eggs is inside the nest.



fairmeadowplace.blogspot.com





fairmeadowplace.blogspot.com


This little nest is made from Weeping Willow twigs on the outside and then filled with grass.  The instructions for Making Bird Nests with twigs and grass.  The nest sits atop of two white china teacups.


fairmeadowplace.blogspot.com


The last nest is made of grass attached to a tinfoil cup.  Instructions are at  Making Bird Nests  It sits inside of a pink sugar bowl.



fairmeadowplace.blogspot.com



Enjoy decorating for Spring.


You can follow me on Pinterest.





Thank you for stopping by.






Barbara



Post Script

Follow me on Pinterest, Google, Facebook, or Subscribe by Email (above & below in this post)

I really like to hear from you so leave a comment below where it says "comment" or "no comment".

⇩⇩⇩

9 comments :

  1. So pretty! I love the way you've layered things both in depth (with the frame and the old window) and in height (with the stacked plates and cups). This is really so attractive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara,
    I love bird's nests and yours are perfect in their cloches. Very nice mantel arrangement... I have a tendency to overdo and am trying to work on editing. Your mantel looks great.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judith. I have to restrain myself from over decorating. It is not easy because I have too much well loved stuff.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely beautifu! I completely love the large glass door knob and the variation of numbered plates. It all came together lovely :) Thanks for sharing with us at Family Joy Blog Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spring cloches are lovely! I need to work on mine. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Although we love hearing from our readers, we are unable to open or respond to Annonymous Comments due to SPAM.