July 26, 2018

Set the Table - Summery April Cornell Linens



I have been wanting to do this post for some time and I also wanted to shoot it outside.  We have had rain almost every day so we decided to set it up in the dining room.

April Cornell is not an associate of mine.  I bought some of the linens, like them, and decided to write a post featuring them.

I will leave a link at the bottom of the post.


 

For the base, we started with the Angelic Embroidered Tablecloth in Ecru.  Mine is 60" x 90".

I topped the Embroidered cloth with a cotton Rose Nouveau 54" x 54" cloth in Orchid.  Orchid refers to the background colour.

I love the combination of the two cloths.  It looks a little romantic with the ruffle showing under the topper.

It also reminds me of a lady's slip showing from the bottom of her dress.




Next, we used a white charger that came from Walmart last year plus a dinner and salad plate from a set of Butterfly Meadow Hydrangea by Lenox.

The clear crystal glass at the top is antique Waterford.  I don't know the name of the pattern on the green goblet.  The green goblets were a thrift store find last year.








The napkins are also from April Cornell in Rose Nouveau Orchid pattern.

The beaded napkin rings matched so well and they came from Bowrings many years ago.




I chose this vintage flowery silver plate flatware because I thought they would tie in nicely.
The pattern is Evening Star by Community.




The flowers came from my garden.  It was lucky that they pretty much went with the colour scheme.





The urn holding the flowers is one of a pair that was a recent find at a store I like to frequent called The Dark Horse.  The store is located in Sunderland, Ontario.

I love the French Country details on these urns.  I think I will be using them often.




The urn is very wide at the top.  I arranged the flowers in my hand and then wrapped an elastic band around the stems and tightening it so that the flowers would remain upright in the urn.

Once they were placed into the urn I fluffed them and added a few loose stems around the bottom to fill in the empty spaces.




I will sometimes use garden herbs in arrangements.  You can see the dill in this picture.  Dill will self-seed and come up throughout my garden every year.





 Thank you for stopping by


This is an original Fair Meadow Place Publication


Here are some Links that may be of interest.

April Cornell USA
April Cornell Canada
The Dark Horse


We are Linking With...

Wednesday Link Party
Home Sweet Home
Thursday Favorite Things

The best way to see our posts is by email subscription. SUBSCRIBE HERE 

You can find us on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, GOOGLE + 

It really makes our day when we hear from you so please leave comments below. 

You can also use the Contact Form to contact us by email. Messages sent by email are private messages that will not be posted on the Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Although we love hearing from our readers, we are unable to open or respond to Annonymous Comments due to SPAM.