January 04, 2018

Make a Winter Wreath From A Scarf


https://fairmeadowplace.blogspot.ca


I like quick and easy projects and this is one of them.

Scarves and sweaters add an element of warmth to winter decorating.


https://fairmeadowplace.blogspot.ca


Once you have everything ready, it goes together quickly.



https://fairmeadowplace.blogspot.ca


Materials

A white scarf - mine happened to be an infinity scarf that was fringed on both sides, but, a regular scarf will do.

A 10" wreath form

Some snowflake ornaments from the dollar store

White yarn

Ribbon

https://fairmeadowplace.blogspot.ca


Place the wreath form on the scarf and pull the scarf through the centre of the wreath.  Adjust the folds and gathers so they are evenly spaced.


https://fairmeadowplace.blogspot.ca


Flip the wreath over and pull the other side of the scarf through the centre.
Adjust the gathers so that they are spaced evenly.


https://fairmeadowplace.blogspot.ca


Using a fairly long piece of yarn (I didn't measure, but approximately 4 feet) tie one end onto the wreath and tie leaving a 4" piece of yarn dangling.

Wrap the entire wreath spacing the yarn until you reach the place you started.  Tie off to the 4" piece of yarn.

Reverse direction and wrap the wreath again so that the yarn crosses over the first wrap.

Tie off again to the 4" piece of yarn.

Adjust the fringe so that it peeks out all the way around.


https://fairmeadowplace.blogspot.ca


 Decorate the wreath with snowflakes by tying various lengths of yarn from the top portion of the wreath.

You can tie the snowflakes onto the pieces of yarn or hot glue them to the pieces of yarn.


Once all the snowflakes are attached, gather the pieces of yarn attached to the snowflakes and tie a ribbon around all of them.  Knot the ribbon and then tie into a bow. 
I used a little hot glue at the back to keep the ribbon from sliding down.



https://fairmeadowplace.blogspot.ca


Hang the wreath either inside our outside.


Thank you for stopping by.





This is an original Fair Meadow Place 'Make a Winter Wreath From a Scarf' Publication.





The best way to see our posts is by email subscription. SUBSCRIBE HERE 


You can find us on PINTERESTFACEBOOKGOOGLE+ 


It really makes our day when we hear from you so please leave comments below.


You can also use the Contact Form to contact us by email. Messages sent by email are private messages that will not be posted on the Blog.

21 comments :

  1. This is super cute, Barbara, and so easy. And we all have scarves (though I'm not sure about a white one!) I've done a wrap-wreath with a white feather boa, wrapping it around the form to look like a feather cloud but I really love the scarf idea. Now I need to go through my scarves! This sounds like a fun easy project for a cold winter day -- and believe me, when it's like this, I go out only when I have to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is easy to do, Jeanie. I have never used an infinity scarf before, but, it went together easily. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Barbara, this is the cutest winter wreath that I have seen! I am going to try my hand at making one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely genius!! Great idea!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Deb. Happy New Year.

      Delete
  4. Thank you. The wreath is so pretty. I used to wonder how people live in cold countries. We live near equator so our winters are very mild. But up north towards Himalayas the winters are cold. Enjoy your cold days. Lots of love to you. Sujatha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice to hear from you, Sujatha. I would like to be closer to the equator right now. The weather here promises to be warmer this week, we hope, but not as warm as your weather.

      Delete
  5. That is so darling! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara,
    Such a creative, beautiful winter wreath made from a scarf!

    Happy New Year,
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judith. I enjoy reading your blog. Happy New Year to you too.

      Delete
  7. What a lovely wreath and so Wintry....
    Thanks for sharing it with us,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this wreath. It is so pretty and perfect for winter. I always have trouble deciding what to hang on the door in the winter after I take down my evergreen Christmas wreath. Thanks so much for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! I wish I would have seen it before the holidays, but now that I have, it will give me a project to do ahead of time so I'll be all ready for next year. Ever since I had a storm door put on my front door I have a difficult time finding a wreath that's thin enough. I think this might work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure it will fit between the doors, Patti. I used to have the same problem. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. It is such a beautiful creation, I love it! pinned and shared

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! I have so many scarfs that I don't wear much. I will look at them all differently now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great winter decoration! Not easy to follow up after all the beautiful Christmas decorations, but this holds its own nicely! I featured you on #MyPostMonday! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Although we love hearing from our readers, we are unable to open or respond to Annonymous Comments due to SPAM.