January 19, 2017

Easy Up-Date for a Christmas Wreath




An Easy Up-Cycle for a Christmas Wreath




Barbara Windle

I purchased my wreath at Costco in November.  It is a fresh wreath and I admit I took the easy way out.  All I did was add the Red Tartan bow and hung it up.  I filled the window box with fresh cut branches and again added the Tartan bow.


Barbara Windle

After Christmas, I noticed that the wreath still seemed fresh and supple. The needles were not dropping.  I couldn't throw it out, but, I was ready to put Christmas things away.  I wanted to transition my decor from Christmas to Winter.  I wanted something fresh, clean, and different.


We had a few mild days in early January this year.  I removed the bows and sprayed the wreath and branches in the window box with white spray paint.  I left the berries and pine cones on the wreath and sprayed them as well.



Christmas Wreath Up-Cycle
Christmas Wreath Up-Cycle






I found a leftover piece of canvas fabric and ripped two 8-inch strips to use as bows.

Christmas Wreath Up-Cycle

The whole project was finished in less than 20 minutes and I really like it.  I am hopeful that it will last a few more weeks.

Christmas Wreath Up-Cycle


Come back and visit again.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Although we love hearing from our readers, we are unable to open or respond to Annonymous Comments due to SPAM.